View the on-call schedules, on-call participants as well as ability to create an incident directly with Opsgenie to enrich the operational engagement of your services within the catalog.
Opsgenie makes on-call management easy. You can build and modify schedules and define escalation rules within one interface. Your team will always know who is on-call and accountable during incidents and have the confidence that critical alerts will always be acknowledged.
API Integrations are used to access Opsgenie services, allowing you to integrate alerts, configure users, schedules, and teams on your Opsgenie account from external applications.
In order to get started with embedding your Opsgenie integration, you must create a new API key.
- 1.Go to Settings → Integrations. Search for API and select Add.
- 3.Check the modify configuration settings option to allow the integration to manage users, schedules, escalations, etc.
- 1.Click Save Integration.
- 2.An API Key is generated for the integration, copy the API Key and use in your API requests.
To connect your Opsgenie account to configure8, perform the following steps.
Get started by navigating to the Credentials page by clicking on the "lock" icon on the menu bar.
Next, select the Add Credential button.
From the Add Credential pop-up, select Opsgenie from the list of available providers.
Next, enter the information required for your credential
- Name: a recognizable alias for the new credential
- Account ID: This is the organization of your Opsgenie account.
- API Key: This is the Opsgenie API Key you generated in the prerequisite section.
Select Save to create your Opsgenie credential in configure8. The configure8 app will automatically validate the credentials to make sure they work. If they do not, the credentials will not be saved and you will be prompted to fix them.
Adding a Opsgenie plug-in to your service adds the on-call schedule and ability to create an incident to the sidebar on your service overview page. To add a Opsgenie plug-in to your service, start by selecting a service from your catalog Services listing.
From your service overview page, select the Add Plug-in button.
From the Plugins dialog, browse through the list of available plugins and select the Opsgenie plug-in by clicking on the Add button.
In the Plug-ins configuration wizard, select an existing credential to connect to the selected plugin provider. If you do not have an existing credential or would like to use a new credential, select the Add Credential button.
Next, enter the information required for your Opsgenie plug-in configuration.
- Plugin Title: the title of the plug-in to display on the service overview page
- Schedule identifier: This is the team schedule you would like to link to your service. configure8 will query Opsgenie for you and return the available schedules based on the API Key provided for you to easily select your desired schedule.
Once you have entered all the required configuration information, select Done. Your configured plug-in is added to the sidebar of your service overview page.
Copyright © 2022 configure8, Inc. All rights reserved.