Comment on page
Inviting your team
Invite your team to use configure8 tool
You can invite new users to your organization by clicking on the +Invite Users button in the upper right corner of the app. Then you can enter the emails (as many as you want) and configure8 will send an email invitation to the new users.
You can also invite users while creating a service and adding an email as a service owner.
You can resend an invitation (if they have not accepted) or disable a user by clicking on the Actions menu on the far right of a users name. (Yes we removed the emails from this view again.)
When a person is invited, the default role is assigned as 'User'. A 'User' role has limited permissions and cannot perform certain functionalities. You can change the role of the users from the default value to Admin to enable them to credentials or update organization, users' settings.
When you invite your team members or if you are rolling configure8 to your entire organization via SSO, here is a message snippet you can use to introduce configure8.
Hi Team,Exciting news, we've recently implemented a new internal developer portal at INSERT_YOUR_COMPANY_NAME. This portal organizes our entire software development operation - all our services, jobs, infrastructure, tooling, and key data like performance, security, cost, ownership, documentation, dependencies and dependents, in one place. We think it'll help make everyone’s job easier when it comes to:
- Seeing all aspects of the jobs, services and environments we operate in a single pane of glass
- Easily deep link into underlying tools when we need to drill into detail
- Learning about other jobs, services and infrastructure in the business simply by searching for them or using a dependency map
- Answering questions around operational excellence, all without learning a new query language via the portal’s knowledge explorer
- Onboarding new team membersYou should have received an invite in your inbox from [email protected].I encourage you all to jump in and click around a few minutes. Please send me your thoughts and any feedback on anything else you'd like to see in the portal, and we'll work to make it happen.Best regards,