View the on-call schedules, on-call participants as well as ability to create an incident directly with PagerDuty to enrich the operational engagement of your services within the catalog.
World-class organizations use PagerDuty* as a DevOps best practice to enforce accountability and service quality at scale. With intuitive, flexible scheduling and escalations, PagerDuty On-Call Management makes it simple to distribute on-call responsibilities across teams, so you can ensure the exact right people are notified when time is on the line.
In order to get started with embedding your PagerDuty integration, you must create a new API key.
API keys are unique to your organization. PagerDuty offers a REST API Access Key that allows third parties to interact with configuration data in your account.
Admins and Account Owners can create, disable, enable and delete general access REST API keys.
- 1.In the web app, navigate to Integrations API Access Keys.
- 2.Click Create New API Key.
- 3.Enter a Description to help you identify the key later.
- 4.Click Create Key.
This will generate a unique API key. Store it in a secure location, as this is the only time the key is displayed in full. If you lose a key you will need to delete it and create a new one.
To connect your PagerDuty account to configure8, perform the following steps.
Get started by navigating to the Credentials page by clicking on the "lock" icon on the menu bar.
Next, select the Add Credential button.
From the Add Credential pop-up, select PagerDuty from the list of available providers.
Next, enter the information required for your credential
- Name: a recognizable alias for the new credential
- Account ID: This is the name of your PagerDuty account/ sub account if your organization has multiple accounts. For example, if your URL when logging into PagerDuty is "organization.pagerduty.com", you would enter "organization" as the account ID.
- API Key: This is the PagerDuty API Key you generated in the prerequisite section.
Select Save to create your PagerDuty credential in configure8. The configure8 app will automatically validate the credentials to make sure they work. If they do not, the credentials will not be saved and you will be prompted to fix them.
Adding a PagerDuty plug-in to your service adds the on-call schedule and ability to create an incident to the sidebar on your service overview page. To add a PagerDuty plug-in to your service, start by selecting a service from your catalog Services listing.
From your service overview page, select the Add Plug-in button.
From the Plugins dialog, browse through the list of available plugins and select the PagerDuty plug-in of your choice clicking on the Add button.
In the Plug-ins configuration wizard, select an existing credential to connect to the selected plugin provider. If you do not have an existing credential or would like to use a new credential, select the Add Credential button.
Next, enter the information required for your PagerDuty plug-in configuration.
- Plugin Title: the title of the plug-in to display on the service overview page
- Schedule identifier: This is the team schedule you would like to link to your service. configure8 will query PagerDuty for you and return the available schedules based on the API Key provided for you to easily select your desired schedule.
Once you have entered all the required configuration information, select Done. Your configured plug-in is added to the sidebar of your service overview page.
*PagerDuty support is available at [email protected] or via your configure8 Slack channel (for enterprise clients only).
Copyright © 2022 configure8, Inc. All rights reserved.